Monday, November 16, 2009

Lots to Update!

Hello!

I feel as though there is so much to update the families about. I am doing my mini-residency this week, which basically means I am going to be the teacher from Tuesday-Thursday. Sharon will be at school, but not in the classroom. This will be my "mini" before I start my real residency in the Spring Semester, when I will do six weeks of residency. Again, Sharon will be around school, but I will be the only "teacher".

Also, I am going to add two more journal entries from school today. Daniel, a kindergartner, is more than excited to be published "for real!" Brent, a first grader, did an amazing job for his journal entry as well. Today we encouraged the children to write about anything they want to (normally we give them a prompt). As an intro, Daniel wrote his about a movie called Batman: Brave and the Bold.


"I am going to write about Batman and the Outsiders." Daniel sounded it all out by himself!

Batman is on the left, and there's a line that shows him move to the right a little bit. The third from the left is Psycho Pirate. Next is Black Lightning. Then a girl but I forgot her name, and then Metamorpho. Psycho Pirate feeds on people's minds and feeds on their anger. He turns into red air so he can float away. This is from Batman Brave and the Bold. "I am so proud of those that made Batman: Brave and the Bold. So proud. Almost too proud." - Daniel





Brent's Entry:
There are two Targets and they are really close to my house and best of all my mom can drive there! And you know what (over -->) the other target my Dad can drive there and we don't shop there anymore because of the other on the one page.

Brent drew a map which depicts where each Target is. His drawings are so elaborate, you will even see the Target sign where each one is located. He also write the word over, instructing me to go to the next page. :)

Good job Daniel and Brent! I hope you enjoy seeing these entries as much as I do! See you all on December 2nd for the next Family Style Meal!

Megan

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention, you can click on the pictures to make them larger! :)

    ReplyDelete